Friday, May 10, 2013

Family Vacay

"If you want your happy wife back please take me to the sunshine!!!"

^^That was a desperate plea of a text message I sent my husband a little over a month ago.

Seriously, living in Alaska can kinda bum you out sometimes.  I mean snowy mountains are beautiful and all but girl has to catch some rays every once in a while!  Thankfully Jesse took my message seriously and we planned our first family vacation to Phoenix, Arizona.

Why there?  
Well, our neighbors (and friends!) were getting married in Phoenix and our Aunt has a condo that wasn't being occupied that weekend.  

Sounds like the perfect place to go to me!




I was a little nervous about flying with our active 7 month old (who refuses to sleep on anyone... only wants to snuggle up in her crib).  Last time I flew with Lyla to Ohio (mentioned here) she was only three months and I knew would sleep on me the whole time.  This was another story!

Thankfully, even with flying stand-by,  Jesse and I sat next to each other on both flights down and back!  And our little Lyla was a champ.  Seriously.

Lyla watching them load up the bags

I was smarter this time and actually packed some formula bottles, which I ended up needing on one occasion.  (For those of you who don't know the horror story: Let's just say last time I flew I was sandwiched between two men with a hungry crying baby who was frantically trying to rip off my nursing cover.  Never EVER will I not have a back up plan again!)  But she mostly just slept the entire flight and when she wasn't sleeping she was flirting with all the people around her.  What a happy baby!

One flight we even had an empty seat between us!

Our time in Phoenix was mostly spent hanging out with some of Jesse's cousins who lived there.  I enjoyed getting to know them better and I know Lyla loved hanging out with them too.... especially if they are giving her some yummy things to eat!


We spent a little time at the pool but the water was a little cold so we never stayed there long




Of course we had to do some major shopping time while there!  I was on cloud nine while I walked through TJMaxx, Buy Buy Baby, H&M, and more.  But nothing compared to showing Lyla the joys of IKEA!



The wedding was on Cinco de Mayo and it was so much fun!  They got married at the botanical gardens (gorgeous!) and Liz did an amazing job decorating.  We were so happy to be there to celebrate their special day with them!  And it was super fun to watch Lyla giggle for joy as we were getting jiggy with it on the dance floor.




It was such a great vacation and one full of great memories.  I'm so happy we decided to head out of town for a while.  



But, as always, it's good to be back home.










Now- Can someone please convince my child that we are back in the Alaskan time zone and to STOP WAKING UP AT 6:30AM!!!!!

Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment