Thursday, November 8, 2012

Update on Little Lyla


Last week we took Lyla to get the much-anticipated ultrasound done on her hips.  I was so thankful that it was finally time to start getting some answers and insight on what was going on and what kind of timeline we were looking at.

It really is true that motherhood brings out a whole new side of you.  Since the moment I heard her first cry I have been feeling emotions that I never knew possible.  My love for her is immeasurable and it was breaking my heart to see my itty bitty laying there on that huge bed already going through obstacles in her life.  I just wanted to swoop her up and take her home in that instant.  

mmmm snuggly!

But luckily Lyla didn't care one bit about what was going on around her.  As soon as her bumpkin hit those heated blankets she instantly went to snoozeville.  It was so adorable!  My mood quickly relaxed because of all her smiles and because my sweet sweet husband was being so loving and protectant of her.  (Having a baby also brings out a whole new love you have for your husband too). He's such a great daddy.  Really.




Two days later, on Halloween, we went to see Dr Geitz to hear about the results.

While at the ultrasound a doctor came in and pulled on her legs and said she couldn't feel anything abnormal at all so we went into this appointment being very optimistic about what he would have to say.

Dr Geitz explained to us that your leg should be going into your hip socket at a 60 degree angle.  Lyla's hips are at 56 & 57 degree angles and therefore, she is doing exceptionally well.  

Unfortunately though, since it's not at 60 degrees yet he wants her to continue to wear her brace for 6 more weeks.  We will be getting another ultrasound done in December and hopefully then we will see better results.



We sat in his office for a while as he talked to us more about hip dysplasia and all the scary things it can mean in the future for children (being braced for 2+ years, major hip surgeries, full body cast, etc).  Jesse had to remind me once we got in the car not to get too emotional and freak out just yet because we were just hearing all the worst case scenarios.  The doctor is completely optimistic about her recovery and I think he was just telling us those things just to educate us on this condition and all it can mean (especially since I also had this as a kid and had multiple surgeries because of it).  We just have to continue to trust in God and his plan and trust that if we continue to do what the doctor says we can soon be putting this all behind us.





So, keep praying for our little one!
And we will keep you updated on what we find out next.





In the meantime, take a gander at all these precious little gems of my precious little girl:











What an amazingly amazing little girl she is.  
We are so lucky to have a sweet baby like her.  


I love everything about her
and could watch her all day long.

She is already seven weeks old! 
I can not believe it



Praise God for Lyla Mae!







And I'm ending my long picture series with this shot. 
This is when you know you've gone a little too crazy with the pictures/videos 




No comments:

Post a Comment