Tuesday, November 20, 2012

2 months!


I seriously cannot believe my little baby is two months old already.  Where oh where has time gone??  In some ways it feels like yesterday that I was meeting Lyla for the first time but in so many other ways it feels like she's been in my life forever.  We just recently got our cd of pictures from Lyla's birth and my heart almost breaks every time I look at it.  Lyla has already changed so much that it almost feels like I'm looking at a completely different child.


I'm seriously writing this and becoming so overwhelmed by the thought of how quickly my little pumpkin is changing that I just want to go snatch her up from her crib right now and cuddle with her all night long.  



I have purposely taken moments out of every day to stop and truly cherish Lyla for who she is at that moment. I know that one day I will blink and it'll be her first birthday and I refuse to get to that point and regret not embedding her milestones in my heart.


First piggy tail!


Some of my favorite moments include Lyla's sweet snuggles after she eats. I'll be trying to burp her and all she'll want to do is bury her nose in my neck.  Really I just love snuggling with her in general!



I also love watching the way she tries to suck on her fingers. There's no way to really capture how hilariously cute she is as she has slobber pouring down her chin after she's attempted to stick her knuckle in her mouth. 


I love the noises she makes as she sucks on her binkers. Especially when she's mad about getting a diaper change or when she is tired of being in her car seat.


She is becoming more alert every day. It is so much fun watching as she explores the world around her.  


By far my favorite parts of the day are those moments when she is smiling at me and talking to me!  Her coos are getting louder and longer and I swear we are almost carrying on mini-conversations.



Don't you want to eat her up?!?!


We went to her 2 month check-up today.  She broke my heart when she cried from getting her shots.  I consider myself pretty lucky for having a baby that is as happy as she is.  But it's made me totally unprepared to hear her cry so hard!!!  Can we just skip shots completely?!?!?!

Lyla's stats
Weight: 10lbs 5oz (25%)
Height: 22.75in (60%)
Head: 39cm (70%)

Clothing size: 3 months




Every good and perfect gift is from above, 
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights
James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment