Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mommy Diaries: How to Take a Shower


Let's be honest here.  
Life just got real the moment Lyla learned to crawl and pull herself up all in one week.


Say goodbye to those moments when you could run to the bathroom really quick....
You'll come back to your kid licking your shoes.

How about running to answer your phone in the other room?
They just dumped the basket of toys over their head.


Yup, welcome to the world of keeping one eye peeled on your kids at all times.

{This is the moment when those eyes start growing in the back of your head}


All that said, this was my morning....


I HAD to take a shower and I could not leave my child on the other side of the curtain with a few toys anymore.
She would be licking the toilet water in no time!

So.... Bumbo to the rescue.

Honestly I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner.


It was fun!





What creative mommy moments have you had lately?

6 comments:

  1. I wish this would work for us, but Mya is far too busy to be contained in one spot for very long! I tried to shower with her on the floor crawling around, and she crawled *into* the shower with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont this kids know we cant always wait for naptime to shower?!? I was surprised it worked so well because usually Lyla hates being contained in the Bumbo. But I think since it was a new experience she went with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! And I can't help but laugh at the licking the shoes comment - sounds very familiar to our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoes are like a magnent to my daughter. She always goes straight to them! So gross.

      Delete
  4. I love this! I always put my boy in the jumper in the doorway of the bathroom. He LOVES to jump and he enjoys it enough so I can get a quick shower in. Love the blog, btw. :)

    http://www.mylifeinverbs.com

    ReplyDelete