Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pin*spiration: 1st Birthday

Is it ever too early to plan a birthday party?
I think not.

With a little over three months to plan, I'm already pinning away at idea's for my little Lyla Lu Lu's big beautiful birthday bash.


Here's some of my top pin*spirations:






Looking at these themes, I was set on doing a vintage circus party.   I just kept finding more and more fun things to do with that theme.  But as I pinned away, I started realizing that this theme might be a touch more fun if Lyla was a little older and could play some of the awesome game ideas that would be oh-so-cute at the party.

Then, I was at Michaels two weeks ago and found the mother-load.  I found all these ADORABLE button theme items on mega clearance. 


I knew in that moment what our theme would be.

Then, to my surprise, as I kept shopping at JoAnn fabrics and Target I started collecting even more items ON SALE!  


My birthday collection has grown a great deal and it makes me giddy to think about how little money I have spent so far.


This is why it's never too early to pick a theme for a party.
I still have 3 more months to collect more super cute sale items! 






Would a vintage circus 1st Birthday theme still be adorable?  Y-E-S!
{Will it be Lyla's 2nd birthday theme?  A HUGE PROBABLY!}


But the way I see it is- you really only have one year (possibly two) to get away with a super-cute, low fuss theme.  
{And then soon after that your babies will start requesting some crazy purple ninja ballerinas as their theme and then you'll really be in for it!}




I really am excited to put this all together.

Incase you want to run out to the stores and scoop up some of these adorable items (if you're in Anchorage-- good luck... I've pretty much cleared the shelves) then check out some more inspirational "cute as a button" pictures:










source unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment