Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sing a little song

What could be better than singing in the shower you ask??

Singing to a sweet babe in a high chair at breakfast.


The shower has that magical ability to make your voice sound like you could sing with Beyonce.  You know you've sung the national anthem for the Super Bowl, auditioned for American idol, or put on our own rock concert all while soaping up in there. Don't lie.



But let me tell you, that shower has nothing on the way you feel when you're singing to the captive audience of an infant.

Lyla and I have fun in the mornings. We wake around 8am (nothing sweeter than waking up to your baby contently blowing raspberries in the crib waiting on you to come get her) and I take her back to bed with me where I nurse her and we play for about 20 minutes. Then I take her to the kitchen, strap her in the high chair and give her a spoon and sippy cup to practice with while I make her breakfast and my coffee.

Then the show starts. 

I crank up Pandora on my phone (I love to play Pandora's stations "Family Folk Songs" or "Children's indie radio" at this time) and sing and dance my heart out while filling lyla with her fruit and oatmeal. The smiles I get from her are enough to make your heart sing too! Seriously, you will soon believe you are, as Mariah Cary would say, "hash tag pow"


Unfortunately my concerts are only Wednesday through Saturday mornings, since Jesse is home the other days and hes not as big of a fan of my show.



It's the small things in life that give you joy. 
I hope and pray to never stop being goofy with my children.
To never take life to seriously.
And to find joy in the simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment