Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bookworm


A little while ago I posted this picture on facebook.
A lot of women commented on it sharing with me how they read this same book to their kids and also told me other books their children loved.

This all inspired me to document just what books Lyla and I enjoy at this time.






I want to start out by saying that, in the last couple of weeks, Lyla has really started to enjoy books.  Not only does she love to play with them (her little fingers finally can turn the pages) but also she loves for me to read to her. 

I've been reading to Lyla ever since she was a newborn.  In fact, I made it a point to make the first book I ever read to her to be Love You Forever by Robert Munsch.  I grew up reading this book whenever I was at my Grandparent's house and it was always special to me and I wanted to share it with my child.  Up until recently, Lyla would sometimes sit still while I read, occasionally looking at the pictures, and I was lucky to get through the entire book before she was over it.  But I pushed it anyways.  But now, I can just tell that Lyla is actually listening to the words and paying attention to the pictures.  We are finally reading together and it is so sweet.




So without further ado, here are our favorite books:


I Love You Through and Through is the perfect nap time book.  It is short and so so sweet.

Goodnight Moon is such a classic and I pretty much think I could read it with my eyes closed at this point.  I think I'm going to get this book to switch things up a bit:



Hilarious right?
Please look at it {here} and watch the video clip.  It will make you laugh.  I can't wait to get invited to another baby shower so I can buy it for someone.


Here's some of my favorite books to read to Lyla:



Did you notice there's a book in there with Lyla's name on it?



Someone gave us this book for Christmas.
The sweet part is that it was her granddaughters book and, after search for a long time for it and realizing it's not in print anymore, she gave us her already loved on book.  
How special!



Here's some of Lyla's favorites: 



Hello Bugs has captured her attention for a long time now.  It's black and white with touches of color so it really caught her attention as a newborn.  Even now it seems like she is still drawn to it over other books on the floor.

The Sassy Look Photo Book is definitely a hit.  She loves both of the books we have like this.  I think because it's light and easy to turn the pages and fun to chew on :)

The infantino stroller book is a top choice as well.  It's perfect to attach to her stroller, car seat or restaurant high chair and it will entertain her for a long time.





After I took that picture I wanted to add the adorable Skip Hop Soft Activity Book and then I got photo bombed by my baby.   Told you she loves her books.




She also loves to get into everything.  
I was literally looking down for .5 seconds as I was editing these pictures and I look up to see this:



Gotta love that she now can move in lightning speed.




I also then noticed that she had this in her mouth.  
Where and when she got it is beyond me.

Note that as I was taking that picture she was already into something else.
Oh boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment