Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My favorite.


There are so many parts of my day that I love.

I love seeing Lyla first thing in the morning
I love when she blows raspberries
I love how excited she gets when eating
I love when she gets in giggle fits and laughs screams so loud my ears start to almost hurt


But I have come to truly love and cherish one part of my day. At that is 10:30pm.



For months now I have a "dream feed" with Lyla. What that means is at around 10:30 at night I sneak into Lyla's room and I give her one last feeding. This is called a dream feed because I go in like a ninja and give her this feeding while she pretty much still snoozes away.

I believe this has not only been a big key in getting Lyla to sleep through the night (she goes to bed at 8, has a dreamfeed at 10:30 then sleeps until 8) but it is also helping keep my supply up now that she is down to only nursing 4 (sometimes 5) times a day. But now that she has been sleeping so well for so long I could probably start to wean her off the feed. In fact, I have told Jesse a few times that it is probably time to do it.

But you see, this time of my day is something I look forward to more than any other time.

We all know life is busy.
And distracting.

I really do try to take time every day to soak my precious baby in but, lets be honest, it's not always easy to do.




When I go into Lylas nursery at night, it's like time stands still. I believe that this is a gift from God. He somehow makes this beautiful moment and all the emotions that comes in it happen again and again.

There's not a night that goes by that I hold her and become flooded with love for her. I sit there and stare at my beautiful child and become almost overwhelmed with feeling of love and protection. Gracefulness. Pride. Hope. Adoration. The list goes on.

Tonight as Lyla laid in my arms she started smiling in her sleep. I haven't seen her do that since she was a newborn. I remembered how someone once told me when babies do that it's because they are with angels. And I just sat there watching her smile away, so pure so innocent. So tiny. And so happy. And for every ounce of love i have for her i know God loves her that much more. And it made me start to cry.

I know I sound like a complete sap right now but I promise you I cry at this time at least once a week. I am so blessed. So blessed by my daughter. So blessed by my husband. So blessed. Life is so perfect.


I know I can't feed Lyla like this forever. Actually I'm already starting the slow process of weaning her off of it by backing the time back slowly.  So it's even more important for me to cherish these moments.  

I can honestly say that, without a doubt, I will always remember these moments with Lyla, and look back longingly at them.








God is good.
All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment