Thursday, August 23, 2012

Gender Reveal Party {finally}

So I'm about 15 weeks late in posting this but.... better late than never right?!



Jesse and I decided at the beginning of our pregnancy that we would find out the gender of our little one through a reveal party.  This was one of the best decisions we could've made!  I can't describe how special it was to be able to share that moment with all of our close friends and family.  It was so amazing to feel their love and excitement for us and our baby.  I hope I will never forget how I felt on that day.





That afternoon we went to our 20week anatomy scan ultrasound.  It was a pretty intense moment for me because I was so overwhelmed with the hope and prayers that our baby was going to be healthy.  I remember during the appointment not caring one bit if the baby was a boy or a girl, all I wanted was good news from the doctors.  The appointment was great- Jesse was much better than I was at following what it was we were looking at.  Most of the time I just sat there amazed at how the tech could identify everything on that screen.  We got a few shots of the baby's profile but she had her knees and fists over her face the entire time so we never got a really good look.  The tech kept having me go to the bathroom to try to give her more space to spread out but she was just too comfy to move I guess. We did all of the scan and then he printed out the pictures for us to look at while he checked out the gender.  He quickly finished and said he was 99% sure (that he never says 100% but he's done it for 15 years and is never wrong).  We gave him our little card to write the gender in and to seal up the envelope.  He even went and got a piece of tape to seal it with too because he wanted to be extra sure of no peeking!  When we met with the doctor after the ultrasound she told me everything looked great.  I started crying immediately.  What a joyous moment!






{Fast forward to that evening}





We had a friend of a friend make our gender reveal cakes.  We had her make two cakes because our party was that evening (only like 3 hours after our appointment!) so we had no time to have a cake made before the party.  So she made us two small identical cakes.  One was pink and one was blue... obviously.  She wrote on the bottom of the plate which cake was which.  We simply sat one out on the table for the party and moments before it was time to cut it we had Jesse's uncle open the envelope, look at the cakes and put the right one out for us to cut.  Simple :)





Here's pictures of the fun day:








My mom joined us from Ohio.
She was such a champ and stayed up until 11pm her time to join the party!
And she was sporting her pink :)
Biggest surprise EVER!
We both thought for SURE we would be seeing blue!


PINK!!!!
Had to double check the card! 



What an amazing day!

Here's the clip of us cutting the cake.  Now, if you followed my blog before you saw that I thought it was a boy the whole time.  After the ultrasound Jesse said he thought he saw boy parts.  AND I thought for sure I could see through the cake icing and the pink cake was left in the kitchen which meant... we were cutting the BLUE one!  We were totally wrong.  But... it made it a sweet surprise!  Can't wait to meet my little girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment