Thursday, October 10, 2013

Midweek Confessions: Slacking Action



I have a confession:
I've taken a vacation.


I wish this vacation involved sunscreen and beach towels
... and maybe a margarita or two...
but, alas, this is not that kind of vacation.


I have taken a vacation from my house.


Oh I'm still here.  

But for the last couple days I have been skating by with 
minimal chores.
minimal effort.
minimal care.




Why?
Well... I just feel like it.



Call it me being tired.
me being frustrated with my husband working, going to school and studying all the time.
me still adjusting to going back to work and keeping it all balanced.
me being lazy.



Call it whatever you want but I'm calling it a vacation.
A vacation from MY HOUSE.


And, at times, a quick vacation from being an Über-perfect mom.


This was Lyla this morning.
I wanted to stay snuggled up in bed for 10 more minutes and so I put her in her bouncer in our bedroom to play so I could do so.


She didn't mind one bit.






So there you go. 
That's my life at this moment.

It might be driving my husband nuts but I'm quite content doing what little I'm doing.

.... perhaps I will hate myself this weekend when I'm stuck cleaning this disaster zone.




What about you?  
Ever take a vacation from your house?



Let me know so I can feel a piece of mind!
And don't forget to go check out the other mom's confessions.


No comments:

Post a Comment