Thursday, October 25, 2012

Morning Sweetness



Mornings have never really been my thing.

Back when I was a kid and I would be grumpily sulking into the living room 
hair an unruly mess 
a "don't even think about talking to me" look on my face
my mother would always chime

"Good morning, Medusa!"


Yep.  

My nickname was after the woman who people turned into stone when looking at her.  
Thank you.  
Thank you.

Okay so maybe it had to do more with the hair....

Well, now mornings have quickly become my favorite part of the day.
I happily wake up to my smiling newborn!

But not only is it her irresistibly cute face that puts my mood in a happy place, 
it's the time I spend with my little family.





Since Jesse is still off work our routine goes something like this:

Lyla finishes her morning feeding
I put her in the bed between us
propped up on her boppy 
  and out of her brace

Jesse and I stare at
play with 
laugh at 
and take a million pictures of Lyla.  

This is when she is the most alert and content and doing a million and a half cute things!  

We do this for over an hour until she is ready to take a nap 
then usually she falls asleep on one of us 
and we continue to stay in bed as we drink our coffee 
and browse the internet or watch Netflix on our iPad  

Seriously could life be any sweeter?




No comments:

Post a Comment